Students & FAQ's
It’s time to…
Here are some common things we can help you with…
- Discover Who I Am…
- Self-assessments are a great way to understand more about you, your skills and interests. They can also provide direction to students who are unsure about their next step. Go to www.careersportal.ie and take the Self-assessment; Career Interest Profiler Quiz. You can also visit www.prospects.ac.uk to try "What job would suit me?" under the Jobs & Work Experience section.
- Tip: You are recommended to discuss your self-assessment results with a Careers Advisor - why not make an appointment?
- How can I make the most of my time in CIT?
- I want to increase my Employability while at college.
- Tip: Make an appointment with a Careers Advisor to develop your own 3-4 Year Employability Plan!
What are the employment options after completing my degree?...Explore Your Options
- How do I find a job & use Linkedin?
- I need to write a CV, how do I get started?
Sample CVs - Engineering; Mechanical Engineer; Sustainable Energy Engineering; Social Care; Science; Business; Art; Music; Marine Engineering; Computing; Accounting; Agriculture; Business Information Systems; Culinary Arts; Architecture; Early Years Education; Horticulture; Marketing; Multimedia & Visual Communications; Theatre & Drama; Hospitality Management & Tourism; Nutrition & Health; Sports & Leisure;
- I need help with the interview process!
- I think I may be on the wrong course / I am unhappy on my course, what should I do?
Find out; what options and supports are available to you; if you can re-apply for another course through the CAO; what happens if you drop out and; if you can change your course.
- I don’t think I want a job related to my degree, are there other options?
- I want to do further study after my Degree, what are my options?
- How can I improve my study skills and manage my time better?
- Study Skills Tips & Time Management
- Study & Learning Skills Presentation
- Study Skills Resources: Place of Study; Study Method SQRRR; Mind Mapping; Personal Learning Styles Questionnaire & Results Explained; Effective Lecture Note-taking; Being Organised; How to cope with exams; Tips for answering exam questions
- Emerald Study Resources - Useful guides and tips on presentation skills, mindmapping, effective note taking, academic writing, referencing and much more! http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/learning/study_skills/skills/index.htm
- I don't know what elective modules to pick on my course, how do I decide?
- How can I take part in the CIT Joint Mentorship Programme?
- We can help CIT students to connect with a Mentor working in an area relevant to your course!
- The 2016-2017 is now closed for applications.
- If you are interested in the programme for 2017-2018, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries.