Looking After Your Smartcard
Looking after your Smartcard
- Your student myCARD is designed to last for the duration of your academic program and is your single most important piece of identification while as a student at CIT.
- Don't bend the card. Card readers cannot read bent or cracked cards reliably. This can result in a replacement card charge of €10
- Don't wash, scratch or write on your card
- Do not punch a hole in your card, this could damage your card and result in a replacement card charge.
- Do not lend it out to others. You are responsible for your personal myCARD
- Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to the Card Office in CIT or via email CITCardOffice@cit.ie
If you have money on your myCARD and have lost or had it stolen log onto the web card management system and suspend your card asap to avoid anyone else using your money.