CIT’s excellently prepared sports grounds and facilities played host to numerous competitions throughout the year including schools’ matches, International Cork City Sports (Athletics), Powerlifting Intervarsities, GOAL Mile, Munster and All-Ireland Schools & Universities Cross Country Championships.
CIT provides training facilities for a number of teams including the Cork Senior Hurlers and Footballers, Cork Ladies Footballers, Cork Development squads, Munster Rugby.
The Sports facilities are ideally located and are currently among the finest in Ireland. These include:
- 1,200 seat fully-covered stadium that houses a two-tier gymnasium, studio room, doctor’s room, and six dressing rooms that complements a floodlit sand based multipurpose pitch;
- A multipurpose Sports Hall incorporating a state-of-the-art Gym & Weights Room. The Gym may be used by all full-time students & staff and is open Mon – Fri 7.30am – 9.00pm and Saturday 11.00am – 4.00pm. T: 021 433 5778.
- Synthetic International Standard Athletics 8 Lane Track with full track and field facilities. Includes a 1,080-seat stand and indoor 60m running/warm-up area;
- A fully equipped strength and conditioning gym that houses a 625m2 gym area along with video analysis rooms, squad meeting rooms, physio treatment rooms, dressing rooms, offices, and a recreation area;
- Three full size Soccer Pitches;
- Two Rugby Pitches;
- Two GAA Pitches;
- A floodlit full size Astro-Turf Pitch;
- A synthetic surfaced floodlit Tennis Court.
Leisure World is located Just off the main CIT campus, which holds two swimming pools and a gym. Special student discounts apply for use of the pool.