The Medical Centre is situated on the Bishopstown Campus. We are available to all of our full-time students including those in the CIT Cork School of Music, the CIT Crawford College of Art and Design and the National Maritime College of Ireland. We are open to students during term time and provide a comprehensive range of services suitable for students’ needs.
Our doctors do not do house calls. If you are sick after hours a Family Doctor Service is provided by SouthDoc, Tel: 1850 335 999. This service operates at night and weekends. Students who do not have a medical card have to pay the appropriate fee for this service at the time.
What the Medical Centre provides:
- Medical attention to all full-time students.
- Consultations with the Doctors and Nurses are by appointment only.
- Urgent cases will be seen as soon as possible on the day.
- Specialist clinics including Asthma, Sexual Health, Sports Injury and Vaccination.
- Health Promotion/Education/Smoking cessation
Points of note
- Fee of €10 for doctor consultation. Payment by student ID card, cash no longer accepted.
- No fee if the student has current medical card. No fee for nursing consultations.
- Medical Certificates will be issued at the time of illness. Backdated certificates are not issued.
- Please allow 24hours notice for repeat prescriptions.
- Students in CIT Cork School of Music and CIT Crawford College of Art & Design now have the opportunity to avail of the Grand Parade Medical Practice in the City Centre. Same fee structure applies. Tel: 021 2355784 for appointment. Student ID card must be presented at attendance.
- After hours a Family Doctor Service is provided by SouthDoc, Tel: 1850 335 999. This service operates at night and weekends. Students who do not have a medical card have to pay the appropriate fee for this service.
- Certain courses (e.g. Social Care and Biomedical Science) require vaccination. Please discuss with your course coordination who will advise how this can be arranged. There will be specific vaccination clinics provided for this service.
- Medical notes are confidential, are held in the medical centre and do not form part of the academic file.
Receptionist: Marian Walsh for appointments and other queries: Tel: 021 433 5780
We are open from
- 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
- 8.30am – 2.30pm on Friday
- Also open through lunch
Receptionist: Marian Walsh for appointments and other queries. Tel: 021 433 5780
Dr Aileen Scullion
|Asthma & Occupational Health|
Dr Caroline Faul
|Dermatology & Travel Medicine|
Dr Aidan Kelleher
|Sports Medicine & Mens Health|
Nurse Joan Brosnan
- Vaccination Clinics
- Sexual Health Clinic
- Asthma Clinic
- Smoking Cessation Clinic
- Health Promotion Clinic
- Mumps Questions & Answers