SUSI Grant/BTEA Instalment Application Form
Fee Payment Schedule
Semester 1 Schedule
|Payment 1||€307||September 2016|
|Payment 2||€300||October 2016|
|Payment 3||€300||November 2016|
|Payment 4||€300||December 2016|
|Payment 5||€300||on or before 20th January 2017|
Semester 2 Schedule
|Payment 1||€300||February 2017|
|Payment 2||€300||March 2017|
|Payment 3||€300||April 2017|
|Payment 4||€300||May 2017|
|Payment 5||€300||on or before 16th June 2017|
This statement is for the sole use of supporting the students’ application. Cork Institute of Technology is a registered Data Controller and will comply with its obligations under the Data Protection Acts of 1998 and 2003 with regard to the dissemination of personal information to any third party.
- Students should only complete this application form if they have applied for a grant and are awaiting approval. Students are liable for the fees until such time as their grant is finalised and they receive a letter from SUSI or their local authority stating the amount awarded.
- Students are advised to make monthly instalments to avoid severe financial difficulties should their grant application be unsuccessful. Often students assume that they will get a grant only to find they cannot provide the necessary documentation or they do not meet certain criteria required under the grant scheme.
Procedure to become “Registered to pay in Instalments”:
- Students will be enrolled as “Registered to pay in instalments” once they return the completed application form and pay the first Instalment. Students should retain a copy of the completed form for their own records.
- Monthly instalments should be paid online at www.cit.ie/pay and receipts will be sent to your CIT e-mail Account once each payment is made. You may also query your current outstanding balance from this link.
- By completing the application form you are agreeing to pay the monthly instalments therefore failure to do so will result in late fees and access to exam results will be restricted.
- Once we receive notification that your grant has been approved any fees paid will be refunded to your Credit / Debit or Laser Card.
BTEA (Back to Education Allowance)
- Please note this section only relates to students in receipt of certain Social Welfare payments.
- If you have applied for the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA) you will be required to present a letter to your social welfare office stating that you are “Registered” on a full-time course.
- This letter is only available from your department Secretary once you are registered i.e. you have paid your fees for Semester 1 or registered to Pay in instalments i.e. you have completed the instalment application form and paid the 1st instalment.
- The Accounts Office will advise your Department Secretary and the letter of Registration will be posted to your home address. (Please allow 3-4 working days).
Cork Institute of Technology
- Tel: 021 4335440
- Email: email@example.com